Denim is a trend that has been around for a very long time and is not in any hurry to disappear from our wardrobes. Whether worn with a skirt or skinny pants, a denim jacket can be the perfect topper for those mild winter days or cooler summer nights. It can be used to bring an element of edge to an ensemble or add a casual touch to an evening dress.
When it comes to inspiration, celebrities are continually being spotted sporting a denim jacket, with Miranda Kerr, Cameron Diaz and Gwen Stefani among denim fans.
The trend is so versatile, it can suit almost any occasion and a good investment could see it lasting throughout the years.
Even so, it is possible to get it wrong, so Style Bistro shared their tips for pulling off the denim jacket look successfully:
- Take a hint from reality star Jamie Chung and team it with a floral print dress and flat ankle boots.
- Bring edge to a feminine look with a circle skater skirt like Miranda Kerr.
- Ooze sophistication with a sleek pencil skirt like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
- Go for the casual look like Gwen Stefani by teaming a denim jacket with print pants.
- Dress down a polished fit-and-flare dress like January Jones.