Avocados make just about anything better. From salads to veggie-packed salsas to smoothies, the list in endless of recipes that use the most delicious *fruit* of all time. After some inspo? Here are three of our favourite recipes to snack on using our go-to, the avacado.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper. In a medium bowl mash avocado with a fork until smooth
- Stir in parmesan, lemon juice, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper
- Place teaspoon sized scoops of the mixture on the baking sheet and flatten the mixture, using the back of the spoon to 3 inches wide
- Bake until crisp and golden for 30 minutes and allow cooling time.
Mini Avocado& Hummus Quesadillas:
- 1 large Avocado
- 1 packet of whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup of hummus
- Seasoning of choice: ground cumin, salt, pepper
- Cheese of choice
- Using a circle cookie cutter, cut 3 circles from each tortilla
- In a small bowl, stir together the hummus and cumin
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the hummus mixture on each mini tortilla. Divide the avocado slices and cheese of choice between the quesadillas, ensuring it covers half of the tortilla circles.
- Repeat for the remaining.
Curried Avocado Chicken Salad Crackers:
- Shredded chicken breast (any leftover chicken you have works great!)
- Curry Powder
- Crackers (or bread works too)
- In a small bowl, mash avocado and stir in the shredded chicken
- Season to test with salt, pepper and curry powder.
- Place into crackers and sprinkle with cilantro.
Don't forget to tag @estherandco.com to share your creations!