QUICK & EASY ANZAC BISCUIT RECIPE
If you’re anything like us, then you have spent majority of your time in social isolation doing one activity, baking. In honour of ANZAC Day, we thought it was the perfect time to share a recipe we are loving right now, ANZAC biscuits. The best part is, this recipe uses ingredients that you most likely have sitting in your pantry.
130g plain all-purpose flour
150g granulated white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup golden syrup
113g unsalted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, oats, coconut and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine the golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan and melt together over low heat.
- Mix the baking soda with the boiling water and add to the butter mixture. It should start to get frothy straight away.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop balls of loose cookie dough onto baking trays at least 2 inches apart. Don’t overcrowd the trays as they spread.
- Bake for 14 minutes, turning the tray at the halfway point.
Recipe from @sugarsaltmagic